Friday, February 15, 2008

Teenagers

My passion is preaching to people of all ages, but I still enjoy speaking at youth events. As I write this post, I am sitting at a Starbucks in Denton, TX. I flew into Dallas today, received my rent car, and I will soon be making my way up to Camp Pettijohn just across the Oklahoma border. I speak tonight at 10:00pm. That is a little late for me. At 10:00, I am usually hanging with my wife in the living room watching television, reading books, or just enjoying each other's company. Tomorrow, I will speak 3 times. Then, Sunday morning, hours before the sun has risen, I will be on a plane back to H-Town to preach. It will be Sunday afternoon or Monday before I'm able to sleep again. But that is okay.

Here's the question I've been pondering--what is the greatest challenge facing our teens today? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I even feel old fashioned saying this, but I think it is being culturally shaped to believe that your truth is your truth and my truth is my truth.

jenlowe said...

When I talk to the teenagers that I teach, they have several things that challenge them. I am amazed when they indicate that my generation had it so much easier(which I do not agree!). If I had to pick one thing, it would be finding out who they are/what they believe in a world that can be hostile to truth.

Josh Graves said...

Youth Ralley's

Jean said...

I feel that one of the greatest challenges for our teens today is keeping a pure mind and heart....with all that is on the internet, tv, music videos..I feel that it can 'seep' into the mind without even being aware that it's there