Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sabbath Rest

I have learned to treasure Sabbath Rest. In Genesis 1, we discover God creating a rhythm to creation--you work and then you rest. If you are like me, it is hard for us to allow this rhythm to penetrate and guide our lives.
I am just now returning from a 7 day adventure with Kayci and our good friends Josh and Kara Graves. We chilled on the beach, watched Olympics, had our own Olympic challenge (I got 2nd), ate some great food, watched two minor league baseball games, and even went to Disney World. Yes, JG and myself enjoyed an entire day with our lady-friends at Disney.

I read 3 books this week (I'll write more on this later):
1) Jim and Casper Go to Church: Frank Conversation about Faith, Churches, and Well-Meaning Christians (Jim Henderson and Matt Casper)
2) Father Joe (Tony Hendra)
3) The Way of the Heart (Henri Nouwen)

--------------------------

On Thursday, our good friends Luke and Lindsey welcomed their daughter, Avery, into the world. I can't wait to get my hands on this little girl.

--------------------------

Michael Phelps is one of my new heroes. The guy is absolutely incredible.

--------------------------

We are glad to be back. We deeply missed our church family this morning.

2 comments:

Kim Chapman said...

We missed you, too. Glad you had a good time!

Casey McCollum said...

Congrats on lectureship my friend, Kasey and I hope to be there.

-Casey.