Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sycamore View

Look, I know that Sycamore View isn't the perfect church. We have our flaws and failures.
With that said, I am honored to be able to minister at this place.
  • Our 18 shepherds are men who truly care about God, the church, and the mission of Jesus. Over the past 5 weeks, I have sat in rooms with people suffering from marital struggles, health issues, and spiritual concerns, and I have witnessed their (the shepherds) words of wisdom and compassion. I have joined them in the laying on of hands. I have seen the tears in their eyes as they wrestle with how to lead people to that next level of discipleship.
  • Our ministers are gifted. They are men and women diligently striving to lead the people of this church and this community to the very heart of God.
  • Our secretaries/assistants are second-to-none.
  • Every week, I am hearing stories from the people here...stories full of passion, courage, and enthusiasm. There is so much energy in the air right now; I just pray that God will continue to fan this flame.

This is a great place to do ministry, and these are exciting times for Sycamore View.

6 comments:

phil said...

Josh,
May you never lose that passion and enthusiasm! May God bless your ministries and may you be on guard against the attacks of the evil one.

James T Wood said...

We were so blessed by our time at SV. We got a chance to see the inner workings of the church and we found it to be one of the most healthy churches we've known. That's not to say that there aren't problems, but every church has problems. It is the way they love each other that makes all the difference.

We miss SV. :(

Anonymous said...

Amen and well said! Personally, I have found SV to be a place of healing. Sure, we have our challenges, but I've never been anywhere that didn't. It only took a short time to feel like I belonged. I'll always miss the place I was before, but this is where God has planted me, and I'm trying hard to bloom in the way that He wants. I'm so thankful for all the godly men and women who have blessed my life in this place!

mouseclicker said...

Amen to everything that Josh has said. I was first really impressed with SV when I went to a men's conference there in 1999. I learned that the SV elders were bringing Lynn Anderson in (weekly or monthly--forgot which) on how to be shepherds.

Being a member there since 2001 has at times been challenging as well as very rewarding. I've very glad to be part of the SV family.

James, yes we miss you too :-(
Tim

Anonymous said...

Josh and Kayci,
My hubby and I have been extremely excited about your arrival to SV. We are both graduate students, so we have we have been traveling quite a bit this summer seeing family and such. Thus said, we have not had a chance to meet you, yet. We look forward to getting to know you and to working along side you in the community.

Joy in the little things said...

ok - I happen to agree with the comment about the secretaries/assistants too (haha). I happen to think that new preacher is pretty cool, too!