Today, I am grateful for a few different churches that have shaped and formed the people that I am closest too. Here are a few:
1) Grace Street C of C in Crockett, TX--my dad's first preaching gig. We lived there 5 years. My sister and I were baptized at this church. I have been back to speak for 8 straight summers, and these people are still like family.
2) Mesquite C of C in Mesquite, TX--I found my calling while at this church. They were my church family through middle school and high school.
3) Highland C of C in Abilene, TX--I served on staff at this church for 2 years. Words can't express the formation that took place in me while at Highland. They will always be family.
4) Avenue B C of C in Ballinger, TX--they put up with me for 2 1/2 years. I loved preaching at this congregation. They will always have a special place in my heart.
5) Greenlawn C of C in Lubbock, TX--this church helped raise my wife from birth-college. My father-in-law still serves there as an elder.
6) Highland Oaks C of C in Dallas, TX--I was on staff at this church for 2 summers. Lot of challenges, but I saw God do some amazing things while I was there.
7) Bammel Road C of C in Houston, TX--my brother serves on staff there as the worship minister. I love them because they won't stop pouring love into my brother and his wife.
8) Decatur C of C in Decatur, TX--I've never witnessed a church pour so much affirmation over a minister and his family than this church does for my dad and mom.
9) The Met in Kellar, TX--my sister and her husband have found a place close to their home where they can experience the power of God and the power of community.
10) Richland Hills C of C in Fort Worth, TX--besides admiring many of the ministers on staff at this church, my bro-in-law and his family are nurtured here every week.
11) Grace Point C of C in Montgomery, Alabama--I don't know them well, but I know that they have been a great source of strength and support for my other bro-in-law and his family. He serves as the Youth Minister there.
I could go on and on...I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know churches through short speaking engagements: West Houston, First Colony, Conroe, Saturn Road, Westover Hills, Lakewood, Kingwood, Southern Hills, Marble Falls, Sweetwater, 10th and Broad in Wichita Falls, and others. I often enter these places to speak, but I usually leave as the one that has been touched.
And, I can't say enough about the Southwest Central Church. I love this place.
What about you?