Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

I have mixed emotions today, and here is why--Thanksgiving is a time to be with family, or so we say.
-So, tomorrow, families will gather from miles away and they will share a meal. Some families will experience great joy because relationships have been cultivated. Other families will experience tension and chaos because bitterness has seeped in, abuse (physically, emotionally, and/or verbal) has taken place, or an absent father has tainted relationships. Therefore, I pray for this to be a season of reconciliation, forgiveness, and cultivation.
-Tomorrow, many of us will eat until we can't eat anymore--turkey, ham, brisket, potatoes, stuffing, rolls, etc. However, I also realize that many of my friends here in Houston will be without a meal tomorrow. I went to lunch yesterday with Kevin--mid-30's, has spent a few years in prison, can't find a job, lives with his mom, has 44 tattoos--he won't have a big meal. Many people throughout this nation won't. I can't help but remember them.
-Tomorrow, I will sit with my wife's family. However, I know that many people are experiencing their first Thanksgiving without a dad, mom, brother, sister, child, grandmother, or grandpa. My heart goes out to them. I pray for comfort and an overwhelming sense of God's abiding presence.

I still love Thanksgiving. I love:
-Family
-Laughing
-Food
-Cowboys
-Huskers vs. Colorado
-UT vs. ATM

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Truitt Ross said...

I'm so thankful to have a sweet husband like you. You are the BEST! You are #2 on the list of what I'm most thankful for this year, Truitt is #1! Better luck next year. : ) love you. - kayci

Josh Ross said...

That ain't even right, Kayci Joy!

Bev Ross said...

I definitely count you among my top 'thanksgivings'! You are a blessing!!!! We loved being with you last weekend. May God's travelling mercies cover you guys!

Anonymous said...

One of the great blessings of the Thanksgiving season is the inter-faith service that helps BIM. It is wonderful to have so many religious groups that acknowledge God the Father and his blessings to his children. The service this year was so meaningful and touching. I especially loved the hymn that was sung in two groups-one in the front and one in the back. It really filled the auditorium with joy.

Anonymous said...

Only you could make me feel joyful and sorrowful at the same time. Thankful for my blessings but so compassionate for others at the same time. How are you going to influence me next? Maybe your words will inspire me to sell my home and be a full-time minister. Oh wait, you already did that.

T

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I am thankful. Thankful for YOU. Love you, bro.
B

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

PS: I FINALLY got around to working on my template. You are officially linked. Hope that's ok. You get my message Thursday?