Through prayer, fasting, and after talking and praying with several mentors and friends, Kayci and I have decided to take the Preaching Ministry position at Sycamore View Church in Memphis, Tennessee.
It is with pain and heartache that we have made this decision. After days of seeking God for clarity, we are coming to peace with our decision, and we are confident, but it came with turmoil because of our love for you. We took this job, not because of our dissatisfaction or frustration at Southwest Central, but because of calling and giftedness. At no point over the past 2 years have we been looking for another job, but this opportunity came to us, and we felt it is a good move for our ministry and our family.
In some ways it feels like we have been here for 10 years; in other ways—6 months. What we do know is that our 2 years here at SWC have been full of grace, opportunity, and countless Kingdom-moments in which we saw the hand of Jesus at work in the people of this church and throughout this community.
We’ve cried tears over loved ones we have lost.
We’ve rejoiced over baptisms.
You were there to greet us with cards and meals after the arrival of Little Truitt.
I hope and pray that God has used me to move this church into a healthier existence.
I hope and pray that God has used me to help this church to dream new dreams.
I hope and pray that God has used me to give you fresh ways to think and talk about Jesus.
My prayer for you is:
1) That God will protect you. I pray for him to protect your hearts this day. You are loved by God. You are needed in this place.
2) That God will heal the pain in anyone’s heart that has been caused by our decision.
3) That God will continue to breathe life in you and through you.
4) That God will give you energy to embrace the in-breaking of the Kingdom of God.
I urge you:
1) To love one another.
2) To rally around the leaders of this church. They are godly men with vision, passion, loyalty, integrity, and they have within their hearts an undying love for each of you.
I’m confident that the vision of this church will continue…the mission of this church will ignite…and the leaders here will continue to lead you on to higher ground in Christ our Lord.
Today is filled with many emotions. We are excited about our future at Sycamore View, but it is also hard to leave the people we have grown to love at SWC. Today, please pray for the Ross family, the Southwest Central Church, and the Sycamore View Church.