Thursday, March 27, 2008

Airborne

In a few hours I will be on a plane heading to Hartford, Connecticut. I've never been to Connecticut. I've only been to the northeast once. However, this isn't a trip to scout out the surroundings. Over the next 3 days, I will speak 5 times.
I checked the weather this morning and it is 36 degrees in Connecticut. There must be a mistake. I thought it only gets that cold in Antarctica. Dude, I'm going to freeze to death!

I've been excited about this youth rally for a few months now. My buddy Sam Garner has worked really hard in putting this together and he has been very intentional about the entire weekend. He is a great thinker, and we both share the desire to call these teens to an alternative way of life. We want to point them to the in-breaking of the Kingdom.

Speaking to adults has become the norm for me, so when I speak to teens, I really have to prepare well. I have to try to backup 10-15 years in my own life in order to ask theologian questions.

---------------------

I'm stoked about lunch tomorrow. I am meeting up with two of my ACU buds--Sam and Colt McCook. They are both ministers in the northeast.

---------------------

I will return late Sunday. Kayci and Truitt fly in on Tuesday. Note to self (and to all you young ministers out there with a fam)--NEVER PLAN SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS ON BACK-TO-BACK WEEKENDS. NEVER AGREE TO BE AWAY FROM WIFE AND KIDS FOR 11 DAYS!!!

2 comments:

jenlowe said...

Josh
I pray that God blesses you with an exciting and wonderful rally.

I agree about not planning two things back to back. When you are gone from a place that long, it takes you awhile to get back on track!

Kara Graves said...

I hope your trip goes well, be thankful you aren't coming to Michigan this thursday, we are getting 4-6 inches tonight! I think I live in a snowglobe!