Monday, December 31, 2007

Highlights of 2007

-May 5--My precious son was born. Being there for the birth was one of the greatest spiritual experiences of my life.-San Fran and Yosemite. I love traveling with my wife.

-Got to hang out with Troy and Bonnie twice. They are no longer best friends; they are family.

-Great family vacation to Lake Conroe. My family draws me closer to Jesus every time I am with them.

-Kayci keynoted the West Texas Girls Conference AGAIN--her 3rd time. This time, I was there. (Graves, I'm still trying to get her to allow me to send out that DVD)

-I was honored to speak at some great events--retreats, youth rally's, ACU, an interdenominational conference, Wednesday nights, a gospel meeting, and some Sunday mornings. I was the one that was fed!

-We took a trip to San Antonio with a few of our best friends here in H-Town. Watching Truitt and Reese together was adorable.

-The Zoe Conference was one of the best confereneces I've been to in a while. Great speakers. Awesome worship.

-Luke and Lindsay continue to be two of our greatest friends.

-BST and I grow closer every week. Glad to have you as a friend.

-Josh and Kara Graves are two people that Kayci and I want more time with. We loved hanging with them at Zoe. If we didn't live so far away--H-Town to Detroit!

-Kevin and Sarah have been an amazing gift to us. There is never a dull moment when we're together.

-Sarge and Chel's are great partners in ministry.

-The Cornhuskers...ummm...
-The Mavs...ummm...
-How about them Cowboys!

-I continue to love my work at SWC! Many challenges, but God is present with us in evident ways. Thank you, SWC, for letting me join you on this journey.

-The 30th year anniversary of the Sandifer's at SWC was memorable. They have been a mighty, steadfast rock in this church.

-We buried over a dozen people from SWC this year. We will continue to be a church in mourning, yet we hang our hats on the empty tomb.

-In 2007, I have fallen in love with Nelson Mandela & Desmond Tutu.

-My boy, Will Smith, continues to put out great movies.

-I am grateful for professors that are now my good friends--Jack, Chainsaw Charlie, David Wray, and Randy. My mentor, Cope, continues to inspire me.

This list could go on, but I'll stop there.
Blessings to all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh
You have indeed been blessed with a wonderful year. We have been blessed with your preaching this past year. It has been great to see you and Kayci and Truitt grow into such a loving family. May we all be blessed with a great 2008!!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

you are a gift to me, bro. Love you.
BST

Kara Graves said...

Happy New Year! We miss you guys....this year we need to make sure we all hang out and have some fun together!

Sarah said...

We love y'all too! More than you know! It is always a blast spending time together. By the way let me know where I need to send the WTGC DVD, I have extra copies! :)

Josh Graves said...

Da Graves got a shout out. Yes, sir.