Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historical Day

It was inspiring to watch millions of people gather in the frigid air to watch an historical moment in our nations history. (Yes, for a skinny white dude from Texas, 30 degrees is frigid!)

Whether you like Obama or not...whether you voted for him or not...whether you are a Republican or Democrat...to watch the inauguration was something that will be sketched into our memories forever.
Today, Obama was sitting a few feet away from Bush. They don't have much in common. If you were to put them in a room with ESPN, they could hang out for hours. They both loves sports. Put them in a political conversation and they aren't going to see eye-to-eye.

But today they both presented themselves in ways that showed respect to the other. For that, I applaud them.

To have Rick Warren lead our nation in prayer was a moving experience. When he ended with the Lord's Prayer chills went up my spine, and I didn't know if I wanted to drop on my knees and cry, or jump up and shout! Since I was in a room with my staff, I just clapped.

Let us persevere in prayer that God's kingdom will come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Total agreement! The Warren prayer was truly remarkable. I pray much healing will take place in our nation.